Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a set of what I thought were Python grips..........Had'em for years, never tried to mount them.......

Last week, I found they somewhat fit the Python frame, but are are not correct by a good amount around the top area of the grip, so I'm thinking they are made for another frame size, but which one?.............Trooper? MK V?

I thought maybe they'll fit the Anaconda, but no, they do not.
Pics posted below

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
XB, and CL,

Thank you both for your replies..........I don't own a trooper, so I guess I should pedal them, at some point.
I do believe they have been refinished at some time in the past, but they look pretty good as Shooter Grade Grips.............

Any Idea on current value?.........I have no plans to aquire a trooper.

I'd be interested in swapping them for some Shooter Grade Python Grips.

Tom

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,463 Posts
To be clear, they're not "Trooper" grips, they're Trooper MARK III grips.
The original Trooper and later Trooper Mark III and Trooper Mark V are totally different guns and grips do not interchange among them.

The pictured grips are an early set of Mark III grips made when Colt was still using silver medallions on all guns but the Python which had gold.

You'll get the best price on Ebay or Gun Broker. They'll bring good money but nowhere near the high prices Python grips are bringing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.