Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just inherited a (BISLEY MODEL) 45 COLT, 3 PATTEN # ON LEFT SIDE, USFA MFG CO. HARTFORD CT. USA on top of barrel. US on Plastic grips. 4 " barrell serial # 647DT EXCELLANT CONDITION.WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT IT? THANKS

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like a USFA Bisley model. The company does not make revolvers anymore, and these guns have gone up in value as a result. I believe that the amount of Bisley models produced were fairly low, certainly much less than the SAA's that they made. I have owned several of the USFA guns and they are......were probably the finest american made guns on the market for several years, tolerances and dimensions on these guns are correct throughout and as a result they are very accurate. Not sure where the value of your particular gun would be or who could help you with it. Does it have the drift adjustable rear sight and removable front sight blade ? My wild guess would put the value to be somewhere around $2000 or so in today's market, maybe much more if someone really wanted it. They will no doubt go up in value as there will be no more of them made.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Very high quality single action. Post a few pictures if you can.

Topic should probably be in the Lounge section of the forum.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. it does not have adjustable sights. seems like a very solid gun. thanks again

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry , new to site and didn't see the Lounge forum. Not real sure about how to post pictures. Have several new guns need to learn how! Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
My guess is that the DT in the serial number is for Doug Turnbull ? he was offering these guns for a while with an upgraded "premium" finish, you could give them a call and see if that is one of their guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts