Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a column on the Colt .25 caliber M1908 pistol. Can anyone relate some factual historical anecdotes about it? Ex. use by famous persons; used in a notable event; etc.

Many thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Administrator
7,326 Posts
I don't have any stories related to the Vest Pocket , but if you check the "gun of the month" here www.coltautos.com , I think there might be a few owned by people of interest . Either way , it's a very good source of Colt auto info .

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I recently saw a photo of General George Patton wearing a Colt M-1908 with three stars on the right grip. He was shaking hands with another officer... I'll have to think a little about where I saw the photo... Bob Best

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Patton's gun was a M1908 but in .380, not .25. It is confusing since they are both referred to as M1908 pistols. I have that photo, by the way, if you want me to post it.
Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Oops! Guess I didn't read the post close enough... Sorry about that! Guess there is no need to post the photo as it is the wrong model! Thanks! :) Bob Best

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys but I already have that photo of old "Blood & Guts." I also have one of him carrying a Colt Detective Special.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts