Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post here. I just acquired my first Colt today, so would like to find out more about it. I have searched and read as much as I could, but still have questions.

It is an Officer's Model Target 22, serial 85xx so I think it is an early model. The cylinder has recesses for the 22 rims.

The single action pull is very good. Double action pull is pretty good too. Is there any danger of wearing the action with double action firing?
Any idea of what this is worth in this condition?
Are the grips original or aftermarket?

Thanks!

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A couple of answers. 85xx dates to 1933. The stocks are not original to the gun. They are the coveted full checkered target stocks used on E/I frame models from circa 1954 to 1960 give or take. Your stocks are probably from 1954 because they do have the early style medallions which we recently realized were used on them initially. Your OMT originally had full checkered service size stocks with the same medallions. There should be no danger of wearing the action abnormally with double action shooting as long as your pull is smooth. Overly rough double and/or single action shooting can accelerate wear, but that is in the category of abuse rather than use. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

Thank you, that is very helpful. Of course, this will be well taken care of :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts