Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 revolver & 1 semi-auto
I am trying to sell these two older guns for a friend of mine so I do not know much about them. I'm new to the Colt world so any input would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures tomorrow when I get my camera(which I left at work..lol)

1. Colt D.A. 38 revolver. Gun is far from new ccondition and has blueing loss and scratches. It has "R.A.C." stamped on theleft side of the frame above the grip in small lettering and also twice on the inside of the cylinder. Also under the left side frame where "R.A.C." is stamped, "L.E.B" is stamped larger (approx. 2-3 times larger) just a guess. The cylinder release is stamped with a "K" above the last four of the SN. The same goes for the crane, however where the crane meets the frame has an "F" & "X" above the lst four of the SN. The butt of the gun has U.S. ARMY model 1901 SN 103xxx.

1a. There is also an old leather holster and belt that is considerably worn that I believe was with it originally but I cannot know for sure. I'm just going from looks as there is no information stamped or carved into the leather anywhere I have seen. Just a rookie guess..lol

2. Colt 1911. Right side of slide has "Model of 1911 U.S. Army" on it. Right side of frame has United States Property SN 621xxx. Left side of slide has patent dates Apr 20, 1887. Sept 9, 1902. Dec 19, 1905. Feb 14, 1911 & Aug 19, 1913. Also has "Colt's PT. F. A. MFG. CO. Hartford, Ct. USA" on left side of slide as well. On the left side trigger guard there is a small stamp "23". On the left side between the slide stop and the mag release there is a small stamp of "7" with a line above it. No inspector marks that I can see. Grips do show wear from time but no cracks. They are wood and checkered with diamond pattern where the screws are. Mag appears two tone almost and does have light rust.

Like I said I am new to the Colt world and have only been getting into guns for about a year and a half now so any information no matter how miner is greatly appreciated. Thanks and I will upload photos as soon as I can. Tomorrow afternoon at the latest. Thanks for reading..​

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Yeahhh...a bunch of good well lit pictures which include close ups.

Both of these are very popular old Guns and have wide followings.

Both are also liable to have been re-blued, or messed with, too, so, "pictures" can really help see what's what with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.