Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few hundred rounds of Sierra 95gr FMJ 355 dia 9mm that i want to load using my Bullseyes powder. I usually load 115gr projectiles and i really can't find any good data on the 95 gr using Bullseye... can anyone help me with this ? Thanks in advance.

Marko

·
Registered
913 Posts
According to a website I subscribe to, "LOAD DATA" , for the 95 grain FMJ Sierra Bullet:

Starting Load: 2.5 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 893 fps
Maximum Load: 5.0 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 1307 fps.

According to Lyman 49th edition: for the 95 gr FMJ:

Starting Load: 3.5 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 893 fps
Max Load: 5.0 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 1307 fps.

It's my guess the "LOAD DATA" info on starting load is a typo. That is a good demo of why one needs several sources before attempting a reload. (Which, I am sure, you already knew.)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THE HODGDON LOADING MANUAL has this exact projectile with loading data from ten different propellents in the 9mm PARABELLUM cartridge. THAT mean their online site does too.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I must confess, I was the one with the typo error. Both sources list the starting load at 3.5 grains Bullseye.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you sir!

dpawj;490071]According to a website I subscribe to, "LOAD DATA" , for the 95 grain FMJ Sierra Bullet:

Starting Load: 2.5 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 893 fps
Maximum Load: 5.0 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 1307 fps.

According to Lyman 49th edition: for the 95 gr FMJ:

Starting Load: 3.5 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 893 fps
Max Load: 5.0 grains of Bullseye gives a projectile velocity of 1307 fps.

It's my guess the "LOAD DATA" info on starting load is a typo. That is a good demo of why one needs several sources before attempting a reload. (Which, I am sure, you already knew.)

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts