Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been offered up in trade the following Colt Combat Commander 1911, what I know is this (so far/just started talking to the guy): original box, galco miami classic holster and 3 magazines with ammo in magazines. I inherited this handgun from the original owner who bought it in 1981 and barely shot it. His words..... thoughts?

What I'm thinking of trading: Sig P226 Navy w/2 mags, recently sent back to Sig for night sights (I prefer older non-railed Sigs (have a P226 that fits that category so this can go).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does he have the original trigger and rear sight? The correct trigger should be a long blued steel, not hard to source, but the correct rear sight is irreplaceable. The rear sight looks simular to a white outline Kings hardball, but made by or for Colt.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here are a couple of shots of my Combat Government...... Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Revolver

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Airsoft gun
Material property Hand Gadget Electronic device
Cylinder Tool accessory Hardware accessory
I would ask if he has the original sight & trigger....not very many of these around hard to verify actual production numbers some say 1500 70 series and 1500 80 series but its speculation....mine is an 80 with original box paperwork etc..Colt took the Government model added a national match front sight...serrated front strap....lowered ejection port...I love mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.