Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt 22 cal Buntline I have inherited and I need to find what they are selling for. It has the 9" barrel and the serial number is 61xxxF and I would rate is about 95%. Any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I am no expert, but I just saw that Antique & Modern in Lexington has a Colt New Frontier Buntline for sale now that has both a .22LR and .22Mag cylinder, and a 7 1/2 inch barrell for $650. They also say that it appears unfired, almost like new, with sleeve and hang tag. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought one earlier this year like the one you described for $600. I have since seen one in equal condition locally for $500. Yours has a make date of 1970.

·
Premium Member
6,209 Posts
With the scouts, a lot depends on the frame condition as far as scratches. They are not easy to cover up. This does not occur on the later peacemaker with the steel frame. $400 for a price that will make it sell soon or $500 if you don't mind sitting on it for awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,495 Posts
The serial number (61XXXF) indicates manufacture around 1959. It's a pretty early serial number for a Buntline. I'd say $400 to $500. Maybe less if the grips are not original and more if the original box and paperwork is included.

- - -Buckspen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts