Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several double action military holsters that I need to know about.Do you know of a site on the net specializing on such things??Thank you.modoc

------------------
Keep your powder dry,but not hot.
Guns are for Gunners

·
Registered
573 Posts
Modoc: There are no sites on the Web currently that provide any detailed info on US holsters. RayG has given you some good advice. Post your questions here with pics or on the Militaria site mentioned by RayG which is also an excellent place for non-firearm questions. I collect US holsters and would be happy to assist, as I am sure many others would. Pictures help a lot. Charlie Flick

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
There is one site that at least shows pictures of the US military holsters.
http://www.epsaddlery.com

El Paso Saddlery makes absolute top of the line replicas of all the US holsters from the Civil War to WWII, including some rare models.

For some reason, they sometimes rename the holsters. For instance, the US 1911 pistol holster Model 1913, is called their "1941".

Another source of pictures is Ebay, where originals are often listed.

I 'think' there are one or two collectors books on US holsters. Check Amazon.

·
Registered
535 Posts
modoc, I've seen several double-full-page ads in Shotgun News lately, dealing with what LOOK like military belts and holsters and helmets and such - but I think they're reproductions, not originals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for all your help.The search goes on.I do not have a ULR for posting pictures and thought this site had one.I'll keep trying.bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts