Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I purchased a O9842CCU online from a reputable dealer. Everything that I could see about this pistol on their website and others including Lipsey's showed it was supposed to have a steel frame, but mine is aluminum. I can only imagine that everyone is basing their info on what Lipsey's site says.

Can anyone confirm what this pistol's frame should be made of?

I have to say that regardless of my disappointment at getting a pistol with an aluminum frame, this is one nice pistol. Colt is producing well made 1911s.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
That is a VERY nice looking pistol!
That is one of the TALO guns. Here's a link to their website listing for this Model, but they only show it in .45ACP (O9840CCU) on the website. The frames are aluminum alloy according to the TALO listing.
New Colt Combat Unit Models ? TALO Distributors Inc

Obviously Lipsey's copied the information incorrectly. I would be hard pressed to return that one if mine. Colt has been making Commanders out of aluminum alloy for decades.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after some thought I decided to keep it. I went to the range today and shot these at 15 yards:

It is a very well made pistol, and when I was steady enough to do my part, it made me look good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I recently picked up a New Agent in 9mm and I don't mind the alloy frame coupled with the 9mm round at all. Other than the terrible trench sight is is a nice little gun and a good shooter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've a Colt Officers series 80 in .45 and to look at yours they just about look to be the same frame dimensions. Are they? Either way, sweet looking cutie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts