Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would first like to say how much I have learned from all the very knowledgable people on this sight and how much I enjoy reading all the interesting posts. I have a 1969 Diamondback and would like to know if the newer style grips with the straight checkering will fit on it. I have a chance to pick up a set cheap and thought I might keep them as a spare set to my originals, but I noticed that the newer grips are not routered as long for the grip frame. Will these still work on my pistol? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
afaik ..Colt never changed the frame on the diamondback. So any stock made for a diamondback should fit it. Please correct me if im wrong here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked on the web and found pictures of both styles, does anyone have any pics of the inside of the grips on a late sixties DB?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The grips in the photos are just grips I found online to show the different amout of wood at the bottom of the grips. This amount of wood routered out is what I am unsure about.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
From memory the one on the left looks correct. I will check when I get home from work and look at mine.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,876 Posts
The earlier grips were fully routed out and had the metal bushings.
Later grips were only partially routed.
These later grips had problems with gapping at the bottom due to slight warping of the wood.

I wonder if the earlier version were set up so Colt could have used them on a full frame Police Positive Special model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts