Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guys, I've never bought a python before and was just wondering if this is a good deal. It's a local private sale and he's asking 1500. The python itself has been carried and I've attached his pictures.Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info! Just an update the seller has told me the gun has been refinished by colt before does that decrease the value at all?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd say $1500 is a great price, the best time to buy things is when they are up for sale... A lot of people may disagree, but a $1500 Python that I can shoot now while I'm able, is worth more to me in the hand than searching for months, or years for a better deal. I'd love to say that standing at the range, pointing my finger like a world renowned revolver, making Python and ringing plate noises, while I wait to trip over a good deal is entertaining, but I'd rather be shooting... I don't like to overpay, and I prefer to haggle a bit, but I'm of a mind to buy it if I want it. YMMV

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Run, don't walk, right on down to your friend's place and give him what he wants.
You cannot possibly get hurt on that thing.
If it isn't what you are after, you will move it on down the line as if it was greased lightning.
Good grief, bro! It's a 4", and it's blue!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm with EagleEye on this deal...It's a refinish AND it's worn the SECOND time. (So, what did it look like the first time??)
For $1,500 or $1,600 you can get original finish in equal to or better condition. I pass.
And said with all respect to the opinions of others.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I'd say $1500 is a great price, the best time to buy things is when they are up for sale... A lot of people may disagree, but a $1500 Python that I can shoot now while I'm able, is worth more to me in the hand than searching for months, or years for a better deal. I'd love to say that standing at the range, pointing my finger like a world renowned revolver, making Python and ringing plate noises, while I wait to trip over a good deal is entertaining, but I'd rather be shooting... I don't like to overpay, and I prefer to haggle a bit, but I'm of a mind to buy it if I want it. YMMV
Hahahahahahhaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts