Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Grips appear to been stained or something. They should not be black. $750 to $950.

Reactions: Maxcustody

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
From a shooter perspective, The 357 is a bargain.
For collectors, they pale in value to the Python.
Pricing is "usually" low.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Even in that condition being a low number first year with original early stocks, I wouldn’t consider anything under $1200 myself or I’d keep it. I had an early one as new in box, 6 inch, I got $3300 out of it. I loved it and early 6 inchers in nice condition definitely bring a little more than 4s from my experience. Only sold it cause I was tieing the knot, and I had to add a few more with it to get the ring.

Only one I’ve personally ever saw better is Jackson’s because of the better condition of the original box. I still drool if I see it 🤤.

Reactions: Maxcustody

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
Stocks appear to have been stained or painted black. I have seen dark stocks on the .357 and Python, but were not shiny.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
In first photos grips do look very shiny. He posted another pic, grips are original, not stained or painted.

Those grips alone are worth about $300 in that condition. You could sell them FAST at $250. I’d leave Them on gun because it would be much harder to sell at a good price without them. The person buying it will want those exact stocks on it-early medallions and all.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Yes he does, I’d snag it if I could but circumstances do not permit now or anytime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts