Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been exceptionally pleased with my Series 80 Enhanced Stainless Commander that I discussed (ok, bragged about!)in my other posting. Slide-to-receiver relationship is superb-no looseness or rattles, but no hiccupping after firing 100-200 rounds in a session, either. Mine has the polymer trigger-fine with me-one less thing to have to worry about rusting! The new Videcki ones look nicer, and probably have less play, but the polymer piece actually seems to work just fine. The safety has an exceptionally positive on and off action; the best I've felt on any 1911. Mine has the polished slide/receiver flats, bead-blasted indentations-a handsome combination, although the bead-blasting isn't the deepest, and quickly shows wear. As far as I'm concerned, it gives the weapon character-if it gets to the point of bugging me, I'll have it re-blasted. I strongly recommend switching over to Wolff recoil and firing pin springs (they sell 'em together-when you order the recoil spring, they automatically send you a matching firing pin spring). Happy Colting!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.