Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
The problem has been solved.
It has been determined it is safe to shoot. Now go have fun with it and tell us about it when you come back.

You are fortunate to be able shoot one. Some here are not.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Sounds like you need to have some "follow on" discussions with your friends regarding this. I have 3 of them all look just like that. :)

If you are native to where you live now this will make sense... Are you a Coon Ass or Cajun? I am west of the Sabine but not a dumb ass! :) :)
Make NEAUX mistake about it, if you live north of Thibodaux, LA; you might be a yankee, red-neck, or a dumbass, but ain't no way a Coon-Ass and definitely not an authentic Cajun! :):):)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Curious where do you live west of Sabine? I was stationed in the Coast Guard in Sabine Pass for two years.
I do miss eating some boudin.
Well I do love it as well! I am in DFW and grew up in Fort Worth. This and it is addressed in the posts just above this response that there are names for people depending on where they live in or out of the State of Louisiana!

·
Registered
498 Posts
If my papaw told me right, Thibodaux is the Mason Dixon line....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Papaw is a smart man. That is also what i called my granddad. My friends live in south Louisiana and you had better not call them Cajun or you will be corrected quickly "I Am A Coon-Ass"! :)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Getting back to your Python, was the picture taken after you fired it or as you received it brand new from Colt? I appears all tubes in your cylinder have been fired, no problem with that, just didn't know if that was standard Colt factory procedure these days? You will love it I'm sure, now go out and "choot-it", as an ole gator hunting friend of mine used to say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Getting back to your Python, was the picture taken after you fired it or as you received it brand new from Colt? I appears all tubes in your cylinder have been fired, no problem with that, just didn't know if that was standard Colt factory procedure these days? You will love it I'm sure, now go out and "choot-it", as an ole gator hunting friend of mine used to say.
The picture was taken just after arrival, I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. I know Smith & Wesson shoots 2-3 rounds as a test, I’m guessing from the cylinder, Colt shoots theirs 6 times, and their not worried about a thorough wipe down before boxing it up to send it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I'm not a Cajun, never even seen Louisiana. My name comes from the Cajun bass boats I ran back in my tournament fishing days. Best blanking bass boats ever built.

My wife however did live in Plaquemine...the town...not the parrish. She was married to a GEN-U-WINE "Coon-ass" at the time. She's from the Milwaukee area originally. She said she was always referred to as "that dammyankee." Until then she never knew it was only one word. She kept hearing people refer to being "south of the Mason-Dixon line." She asked one fellow where the Mason-Dixon line was." He said he didn't know for sure, but he knew they were south of it. :)

Enjoy your Python.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I'm not a Cajun, never even seen Louisiana. My name comes from the Cajun bass boats I ran back in my tournament fishing days. Best blanking bass boats ever built.

My wife however did live in Plaquemine...the town...not the parrish. She was married to a GEN-U-WINE "Coon-ass" at the time. She's from the Milwaukee area originally. She said she was always referred to as "that dammyankee." Until then she never knew it was only one word. She kept hearing people refer to being "south of the Mason-Dixon line." She asked one fellow where the Mason-Dixon line was." He said he didn't know for sure, but he knew they were south of it. :)

Enjoy your Python.
The town is singular, the parish is plural.

If you like to fish, you should visit Plaquemines parish for some of the finest in-shore saltwater fishing on this planet. The offshore fishing is great, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
60FCD23D-60F9-49FC-8240-A13A954836BE.jpg
Casper. Here’s a close up of area. You can see the parting line from front to back. I just picked my Python up last week.
it’s normal.

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
Msrp $1500 for 6” or 4”

Gunbroker auction sell prices are much more and anybody’s guess . But I’d say average there is $2500 and up over the last few days. I have not seen one local to say what a local shop’s asking price is currently.
If you want to pay something reasonable , it’s likely gonna be a while. It’s all determined by supply and demand. As supply ramps up, prices will come down.

·
Registered
349 Posts
But do be careful when you remove the sideplate! A little fumblefingers with a hardened tool like a gunsmithing screwdriver can put some unwanted engraving on a DA revolver, especially a stainless one. (Don't ask me how I know this....).

·
Registered
25 Posts
B94B6EE3-7EF3-450F-8F59-28B1668F6F0E.jpg
Hey WWYS,
I paid $1699 for my 6” two weeks ago. Had one in my on line basket in January from Sportsman Outdoors for $1499. Couldn’t pull the trigger on the sale and left it in basket for a few days. When I decided to order it was gone. Placed an order with them again in February and paid full $1499 to be on wait list. I was #61 out of 100. Had my name on dozens of wait lists but found mine on Tooele Shooting Supply in UT. I bought from them before and they had 3 available.
very happy with it. My range is shut down because of the virus so I haven’t been able to run any rounds through it yet. Curious how it will do against my SW 686 +. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As a retired Manufacturing Engineer and Machinist, having looked at literally millions of forgings, sand castings, investment castings, die castings, and sintered metal parts, I can tell you that what you are looking at are mostly parting lines. There is no crack in the metal. It is purely cosmetic and will never lead to any problem with the gun. All of the processes mentioned above start with two halves of a mold or die. Where they meet is usually called the parting line. With many casting that have internal cavities, they are formed by sand cores that are molded in the same way. Along the parting lines fins of sand form. Cleaning cores was merely wiping that fin off with your taped finger. At age 19 I would do that all day long. Most of the returns of the new Python have been cosmetic issues like that. How much time they spend making it pretty has to be balanced with the price point Colt wants to meet. Some of you wouldn't care about those issues at all, others would throw a fit. It's in a state of flux right now. The old Python was the gold standard, but expensive to make. I doubt that most of you would be willing to pay the price that such level of quality would require. It is a very serviceable firearm now with only minor problems arising, such as the side plate screws loosening up on Hickok45. If that had been a new S&W, he would have checked the side plate immediately because they often loosen up, but because it said "Python", he panicked. What do we want the new Python to be?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts