Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first Colt purchase and so far I am a little disappointed. The first time to the range after a good cleaning I put about 15 rounds down range and had a failure to extract and the only way to get the case out was drive it out from the muzzle. I was using American Eagle so I tried cleaning it good and tried Federal and Winchester PDX and it just got worse. I sent it back to Colt at their request, at my expense . They signed for it the sixth of August and on the third call on the 16TH of August they finally logged it into their system. They told me in a month or so I would receive a letter which I did and the letter read that it was warranty work and I should receive it October 15TH and not to call before then because they would not give me an update status. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
YUP and if you don't have it by the 15th wait a couple more days ,they will get it back to you.

i have the same one as you and i never cleaned it before i fired it and it works like a champ and i still have yet to clean it and is still pumping them out.
i love it:)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,885 Posts
Sending it back at your expense is not normal, Colt should have sent you a shipping label or pick up order and shipped at their expense since this is a new rifle under warranty.

The wait depends on how much warranty work gets in the warranty repair line before you do. Colt does it in the order they receive it.
Don't be surprised if you get it earlier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so. I bought my daughter an XDS 9MM for her 21 first birthday and had to send it back for a safety recall. That's $1800 in two months and nothing to show for it.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,885 Posts
For what it's worth, problems with a Colt AR rifle are rare. They build them right and you almost never hear of problems.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
For what it's worth, problems with a Colt AR rifle are rare. They build them right and you almost never hear of problems.
I agree with dfariswheel, even the best manufacturers makes rare mistakes, nobody is perfect.

With my small sample size of six of my former Colt AR rifles and carbines (four rifles & two carbines) from 1971 to 2004 and my current five (four carbines and one rifle) from 2005 and my latest LE6920 last year, all have no problems.

My former AR I used anywhere from 6 to 15 years I never broke any part on any of them, I just replaced all the springs and worn parts such as bolt rings, extractor springs, extractor, ejector, bolt, some lower parts, on one very high mileage over 20K+ rounds I replaced with a new barrel.

The only one that I had known was my father's Colt 1911 Gold Cup 70 series which when he bought brand new had a bent inwards slide at one side, that was sometime in the 1970s, he sent the pistol back and got a new straight slide, shoots great without any problems.

Let us know what they found out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
68 Days And Still Waiting

Today is day 68, Colt customer service has to be the worst I've dealt with personally. At one point they said they might be waiting on parts but didn't know for sure. I find it hard to believe that colt defense doesn't have a 16" M4 barrel or a complete upper. They just don't care, they already have your money. They were supposed to send me updates but I haven't received one. Those of you that don't think this is a problem, just loan me your LE 6920 for 3 months or so.

·
Administrator
7,328 Posts
Welcome

So as not to give the membership the idea that you joined us only to post your negative Colt experience we'll lock this one . Feel free to report back in a new thread when the repairs are completed .

Reactions: skip4309
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.