Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local gun shop has a New Agent 9mm which I have looking at for about a month. Asking $975. I'm trying to decide if it's worth that kind of money. Does anyone here own one? If so, what do you feel about it ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't own the 9, but I have the 45. The gun is a perfect CC for me. I hope this is permitted, if not, strike it. My local guy has a brand new 9 for $865 + tax. My 45 was $900 out the door.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have it in 9mm.

Paid $950 for mine used LNIB. Can't buy them new in Ca. because of our strange gun laws.

I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Recoil is nothing. Took a few hundred rounds because I am hard headed to get me used to the sights. I've been using it in run and guns and target shooting at the club.

I'm very happy I got it. No regrets at all.

·
Registered
368 Posts
There's a big dealer that's at every one of our local gun shows that regularly has them for $825. However, availability dictates price. If they're scarce in your neck of the woods, $975 may be the price to beat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had a .45 acp New Agent for several years now. It's very accurate and easy to carry. The trench sights take about two mags to get used to.

Perfect with all the ball ammo I've put thru it and Golden Saber. It's a very fine handgun by any measure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 9mm New Agent is my preferred concealed carry. This gun has been 100% reliable from the get-go, with one exception...it doesn't like Hornady CDs. The New Agent's trench sight has taken some getting used to. After receiving some excellent sighting advice from a couple of posters on this forum, I finally worked it out for most situations. But, I continued to have problems with low light conditions and dark targets. That was unacceptable to me. I purchased this gun specifically for CC and wanted it to be effective in all conditions. Decided to install Crimson Trace grips which have since resolved all my sighting issues. As you probably know, Colt now offers a New Agent with CT grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts