Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got it. My first pistol, and it's a Colt. 87 years old is pretty old for a baby, admittedly.

I put snap caps in it and I'm quite comfortable that everything's ok with it. It won't really get fired until this weekend. Ammo should be showing up today.

Anyway, here are some pictures. I love those oak (non-original) grips. Really gives it a rugged feeling, and they're a bit fatter than the originals.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phil

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
1919 was a good year if they turned out your Police Positive that year. I like the four-inch Police Positive revolvers. They are compact, conceal easily in a waistband, and are a bit easier for me to shoot than my S&W Chief's Special, as I have fairly large hands and long fingers. Your new acquisition looks to have much of its nice blue finish. Someone went to a lot of trouble to turn out those grips. I always wish guns like yours could talk. For what households did it provide a measure of security? What lawman derived a level of comfort with it riding on his hip? Or was it used for nefarious puposes at some point and only rehabilitated upon acquisition by its next owner? We'll assume your Colt, being a quality arm, was only employed for the cause of good.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's really something to think about people carefully crafting what was an ordinary bread and butter revolver and have us here 87 years later admiring their work.
Congrats on finding a nice old Colt, especially for your first one. Now you get to watch your bank account begin to disappear right before your eyes because that lil D-frame is going to get lonely. Colts are family oriented and they love to huddle together. The larger the family the happier they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts