Colt Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
The recent Forgotten Weapons tour of the factory that makes the MR73 revealed that gun too is media polished.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
not new, that royal blue cam out several times, i had one on a 38 super and let it get away about 20 yr's ago
Yeah I did not mean to imply that Colt Royal Blue finish is a "new" thing. More like this is the "new Coke", which obviously sucked when compared to "Original Coke" (hand-polished Pythons/1911s of decades past. Largely for the reasons Caddy lists above. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
That is an awesome looking pistol no doubt about it. I wish it were mine. lol
I have one in royal blue. Its not a Colt but I got tired of waiting/looking for one so I got one that is readily available (10 weeks out).
They did a stunning job IMO and Im very happy with it so while not a Colt it has Colt like ways. :ROFLMAO:
All steel, all in house and ALL made in USA.
Shout out to Jon at High Figure for the distressed redwood grips.
The checks in the wood gives excellent traction despite the polished parts. I was surprised.
Wood High heels Boot Personal protective equipment Sandal

These grip screws are also factory machined/timed to the bushings (no o-rings required) but clocked in the same orientation as the mag release screw.
A standard feature on all their 1911's. These screws, all the pins & the slide stop are done in Nitre Blue.
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Vehicle door

I dont care for the white dot sights only because IMO they dont fit the old school look but they work fine of course.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle Bicycle part Electric blue

Wood Automotive tire Landscape Hardwood Sand

Thats all I got, Thanks for lookin.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That is an awesome looking pistol no doubt about it. I wish it were mine. lol
I have one in royal blue. Its not a Colt but I got tired of waiting/looking for one so I got one that is readily available (10 weeks out).
They did a stunning job IMO and Im very happy with it so while not a Colt it has Colt like ways. :ROFLMAO:
All steel, all in house and ALL made in USA.
Shout out to Jon at High Figure for the distressed redwood grips.
The checks in the wood gives excellent traction despite the polished parts. I was surprised.
View attachment 754698

These grip screws are also factory machined/timed to the bushings (no o-rings required) but clocked in the same orientation as the mag release screw.
A standard feature on all their 1911's. These screws, all the pins & the slide stop are done in Nitre Blue.
View attachment 754706

I dont care for the white dot sights only because IMO they dont fit the old school look but they work fine of course.
View attachment 754699

View attachment 754700

Thats all I got, Thanks for lookin.
Wow that is a stunner! That finish you could shave in, the grips, screw alignment..all just pure art. I especially love the nitre blue parts. Colt or not, that 1911 is welcome at my BBQ anytime!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So did High Figure do the build + finish or just the grips? I’m sure there’s a plenty of credit to go around for something like this…

21 - 28 of 28 Posts