Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had any revolvers with such tight barrel to cylinder gaps before. The Cobra measures .002" and the King Cobra measures .0015". Are all of them this way, or did I just get lucky? Actually I am concerned that .0015" might be too tight and will bind up with fouling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine is pretty tight as well on my Cobra, about on par with yours. I have a lot more experience with autos than revolvers, how many rounds are you concerned it'll bind after?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is pretty tight as well on my Cobra, about on par with yours. I have a lot more experience with autos than revolvers, how many rounds are you concerned it'll bind after?
It hasn't yet, so I don't rightly know. I suppose my concern is that my Rugers are between .006" and .008". Colt just must run tighter tolerances. These are the first Colt revolvers I have ever owned.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your post made me curious so I got out my feeler gauge last night. My Cobra is less than 0.002, but seems to be a bit more than 0.0015. I'd say mine is probably 0.0018 or so, but I don't have a feeler gauge with increments between 0.002 and 0.0015

1 - 5 of 5 Posts