Colt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Premium Member
I'd get a couple of the Colt emblems and carefully drill the proper size opening on the stocks and epoxy them in. I've done it before on wood stocks and it's not difficult...just be careful.

I assume one one uses a half inch Forstner bit. Anyone have hints or advice on doing this.?

Registered
I had left grip fitment issues with two sets of VZ grips that I recently received for the new Cobra. I took the WWYS advice upthread and solved the problem in less than a minute, retaining a tight fit.

I particularly like the VZ Operator II grips, which I got in hyena brown. Great traction and very secure in the hand.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Registered
I assume one one uses a half inch Forstner bit. Anyone have hints or advice on doing this.?

I've used spade bits. 5421.jpg They work very well...just mark where you want to center the medallion and drill to the depth necessary. Use some epoxy like J-B Weld and you're good to go. Finding medallions...either silver or gold...isn't difficult...they're on eBay all the time. The stocks on my Combat Elite have the Colt serpentine logo.
1.JPG 2.JPG

Premium Member
Still blows my mind that VZ would put these to market with an obvious fit issue, or detailed instructions on how to properly "fit" the grips.

Registered
Been about 3 weeks or so. Still have not yet received mine. Called VZ. I was told they would be sent the first part of this past week. Like about 5 days ago. Uh huh.....

Registered
Mentioned nothing about fit to VZ as I still don鈥檛 have the grips in hand. I don鈥檛 know if they will fit or not.....

Registered
Received grips Saturday. Inserted pin. Manipulated grips - up and down, back and forth until they snapped together with a resounding CLUNK. Tightened screw. Perfect fit. No alterations required. Love them!!!
That's great news. Thanks.

Registered
Installed grips today. Perfect fit with pin in place. No adjustment necessary. Very happy with the way the look and feel.

Registered
King Cobra update...... Colt states the grip frames are identical on the Cobra and new King Cobra so I ordered a set of VZs. They look and felt great but after about 100 rounds of 38 Special they stared to wiggle at the top, re tightening did nothing. So I sent them back th VZ who sent me a set this time I wanted to try the Operator IIs hoping perhaps they'd fit better. These were again loose at the top and never made it to the range. Just sent them back to VZ for a refund and the rubber Hogues are back on. What a shame since the VZs both look and feel great and I have several sets on different handguns. So just be aware if any of you opt for these on your new King Cobra, a revolver I really like by the way. Hopefully if VZ sorts the problem out I'll try a 3'rd set.

Attachments

Registered
One question that I still have. When comparing the VS to the Hogue grip. What are the differences size-wize? I keep thinking of the suspect that robbed the convenience store. Big, short, tall, skinny, fat man that could be a woman.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts