Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 1911 yesterday from my local gun store it was a mark IV series 70 Government model. The serial # put it at 1981. It didn't come with a box. My question is and I know everyone probably asks this, Where can I get an original box for my gun? I've seen boxes on ebay and elsewhere that claim to be new but I've read that they are fake. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Does anyone have a box for sale?
Or should I just cross my fingers and hope I get lucky?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The label won't be correct for your pistol, so why spend the extra bucks ?
Welcome to the Forum, Gordo. I agree with JohhnyP. Even if you found a correct box it almost certainly won't have a matching serial number with your weapon.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Congrats on your series 70 1911 !!

I think mine was delivered with a box but the gunshop owner had penned in the serial number.
So more than likely he gave me another gun's box, same model but diff serial number....

back in 1980.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
If you find a period correct box, it's just cardboard you spent extra money to get that doesn't add value to your handgun. Get a nice case that will protect the gun, money better spent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm now of the opinion to forgo purchasing a period correct box, and I'll just spend the money on AMMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts