Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I received another colt anaconda today, this one being an AC2 instead of my first AC0. I’m actually happy with this one. Double action and single feel better, still a tad bit heavy. But, the grips fit from factory on this one, it still has machine markings under the grips (which is fine) but the big thing is that it doesn’t have any machine markings in the trigger housing, possibly why it has a better double/single action. Beautiful gun all around, looking forward to shooting and keeping this one!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Well I only made it to 2:37 seconds of the Python vs Anaconda video and it is pretty apparent that someone should demonstrate to you the proper technique for utilization of the gauge when checking trigger pulls. No wonder your results are so disparate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I only made it to 2:37 seconds of the Python vs Anaconda video and it is pretty apparent that someone should demonstrate to you the proper technique for utilization of the gauge when checking trigger pulls. No wonder your results are so disparate.
Would you mind to explain to me what to do better so I can change it for next time, criticism is one thing, but conductive criticism is helpful

·
Registered
119 Posts
I received mine today as well. SN # 12XX. Fit, and finish is very nice, and I am amazed at how smooth the cylinder goes in and out. The rear sight was all the way to the side when I unpackaged it, and had me concerned, but after centering it, I loaded it with some 230gr SWC, and it was dead on. Double action is pretty hard, but I didn’t put a pull gauge on it, and it was smooth all the way through. Single action is smooth as well, but I believe I will lighten it a bit.
All and all, I am very pleased with it, balances, and shoots very well. Now for the new Diamondback in .22 please!

·
Registered
944 Posts
dandak, call Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare or Gaylord, MI.

They move a lot of Colt products. They last time I stopped in they had, among many Colts, a .38 Super from the Colt Custom Shop. I'm always amazed at what shows up.

Good luck-

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Would you mind to explain to me what to do better so I can change it for next time, criticism is one thing, but conductive criticism is helpful
I personally have neoprene inserts for my vise that are used to secure my firearms in when being worked on. These same inserts protect the finish of a handgun grip perfectly however are primarily for rifles or if you are a professional such as yourself who does a lot of this for public viewing a Ransom Rest would be a good investment. The important thing is the firearm being tested be in a completely static condition. The next part is your arm, wrist and having it rest on a solid surface so that you can isolate being as static as possible and only use your fingers to gently, slowly apply more and more resistance to the gauge until the sear releases. This will enable you to stop immediately without the mass of both of your arms and body continuing to pull on the measurement device and the firearm independently. In the case of your video it is evident you have force being exerted pulling the handgun away and the other hand and arm pulling against the gauge. Not a good scenario for accurate results nor is it a repeatable process because of the variables involved discussed above.

It is a relatively easy thing to do and do correctly just practice with the right equipment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
GoldenWebb, and I'd say this if we were face to face having a coffee: you should take your Anaconda video off YouTube.

Your followers are clearly all in on believing the new Anaconda is so poorly engineered that the trigger is drastically inconsistent.

You seem like a person that cares about your reputation and is willing to grow and learn. Taking that video down would be a great way to demonstrate just that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GoldenWebb, and I'd say this if we were face to face having a coffee: you should take your Anaconda video off YouTube.

Your followers are clearly all in on believing the new Anaconda is so poorly engineered that the trigger is drastically inconsistent.

You seem like a person that cares about your reputation and is willing to grow and learn. Taking that video down would be a great way to demonstrate just that.
I will be putting out a review on this one, I’ve also got another anaconda coming from impact guns, and hopefully an 8 inch before to long. So I’ll have a pool of anacondas from multiple different areas to show how they are ranging from similarities, differences and possible outliers like my first one. Hopefully the other one coming in is as just as good as this one.

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
Gun mag reviews may be ok but it has to be remembered that they all depend on advertising to survive. Give bad reviews...lose advertising revenue. They all know that. If a magazine gives a tepid review that's not glowing...that's kind of a code for the gun being lousy...but they just won't come out and say it.

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Banned
18 Posts
Any pictures ? I love the Anaconda Revolvers from Colt but have never taken the leap to get one. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Personally could only get to 2:37 in the video watching the trigger test. Any more reviews I will just see what is said here, no more click bait for me. (y) The first thing that I require when reading or watching a review is that the person conducting the review know what they are doing.

Just look around in the expanse of cyberspace---everyone thinks they are an expert. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that it does take product knowledge to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to reviewing reviewers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts