Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a copy of a new book on an historically important and too-often overlooked series of Colt revolver models.

It's "A Study of Colt's New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers / 1889 to 1908" by Robert Best.

I've only had a chance to look through it quickly, but it looks like a detailed, readable, and authoritative reference.

I'm not sure how many copies have been printed, but if you're serious about Colts, you may want to be sure you get one. The price published on the book is $54.99, and the address listed inside is
Bob Best
PO Box 5174
Concord CA 94524

with an email address given of [email protected].

Jim

------------------
Jim Supica

ArmchairGunShow

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the info.
While we have you over on the Colt side of the fence, I'd like to say what a wonderful book the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson is. I read it more than the local paper and that changes from day to day.
With that being said, is there any plans on a 3rd edition ? I know that the boys over on the S&W boards would love to see an update over and above the 2001 edition.
Is there anything in the works ?
Please say yes.

Thanks again, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words on the book, Jeff!

Just so happens that Rick & I have just begun talking w/ Krause about a 3rd Ed. IF we tackle it, the earliest it would be out would be Fall 2006

------------------
Jim Supica

ArmchairGunShow

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
WhaaaaaWhoooo...

Well whatcha doing spending time over here.
Get crackin' and sign me up for a copy.
Where should I send the money ?
That's great news.

Thanks, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
(1st copy sold)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimSupica:
I just received a copy of a new book on an historically important and too-often overlooked series of Colt revolver models.

It's "A Study of Colt's New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers / 1889 to 1908" by Robert Best.

I've only had a chance to look through it quickly, but it looks like a detailed, readable, and authoritative reference.

I'm not sure how many copies have been printed, but if you're serious about Colts, you may want to be sure you get one. The price published on the book is $54.99, and the address listed inside is
Bob Best
PO Box 5174
Concord CA 94524

with an email address given of [email protected].

Jim

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim,

Thanks for your kind praise on my book! And Thank You for the information and photos you contributed!!! Take care, Bob Best

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Jim: I have put off buying your book on S&W long enough. Purchased a copy last evening at Barnes & Noble. I appreaciate you posting and reminding me that I really needed this book.

I have already learned a few things that I didn't know. I'm mostly a colt revolver guy although I do have a few Smiths. I shoot them.

Bob: I will be purchasing your book as well in the coming weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts