Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
MSRP is $699. I hope he has to sit on them for a few years. When Ford brought the Thunderbird back sticker price was $36,000. Many dealers (if not all) jacked the price up to as much as $56,000. FoMoCo heads in Dearborn dropped it after 3 years of sluggish sales. the dealers cut their noses off to spite their faces. Had they been willing to sell them for $28 - $31,000 Ford wouldn't have been able to keep up with the orders. I'd love to have one but I can wait. I have a Detective Special & a Nickle Cobra. A fool & his money are soon parted.
Yes, this fool and his money were soon parted, twice. I found them here in Texas at a 40 dollar premium over MSRP and took two home. I have asked Frank Glenn if he would take a look at one of them to see if there was anything he could do to improve on the action. He shared that he had not even seen one yet so he was not sure he could even help me. I offered to ship him one of my guns for his inspection and assessment, whether he could help or not would be determined after his inspection. I am waiting to hear back on whether he will take me up on my offer. How cool would it be to be the first one to have Frank work on my Cobra to improve the action and slick it up like he does to python and other Colts. Not only is this fool parted from his money soon, but often......

As for the seller of the $1200 cobra, I suspect that he can afford to sit on them and if production improves he can always drop his price and get his money out of them. But honestly I really don't think Colt will ever really ramp up production of this gun where it will be in stock at Bud's and discounted like current 1911s. I really don't think the gun will drop in price or increase in availability.

Oh, and I am waiting for one gun to come back from Patriot Polishing.....yes a fool and his money are soon and easily parted. My goal is to leave this earth right at the moment that I have spent every last red cent.........I will let you know how that all works out. What I leave behind will be for the kids and grandkids to mess with. Although I may stipulate that a few of my favorites accompany me to the other side....where I might wind up, I may need to be armed.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
MAM, now that is a beauty.
Thank you Wolfcoln, I think this is how it should have come from the factory. My other Cobra may just wind up with Robert for the same job after it comes back from Frank Glenn who has agreed to take a look at it and let me know if you can do anything to smooth out the action. I know the folks still have not cottoned to the Cobra but for what I wanted out of it and what I now have I am happy.....and that is the beauty of this hobby we get to do exactly what we want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.