Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I got some info from a very reliable source that 166 Cobras have been released. 800 more this month so they should be easier to find soon.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No Cobra's to be found in LGS in Pittsburgh....in fact it's almost impossible to find a new Colt in Pittsburgh...I bet we don't see Cobras here until next year

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
As SKWColtguy stated, the only Cobras that have shipped to date all went to a specific area in Georgia. This was also reflected in the few gunbroker online auctions that were also that same gun batch and are bought up. It was just a few guns.
I suspect that Buicksman's info is correct that a large shipment will ship soon going nationwide. We will all know when it happens I'm sure, when new Cobras suddenly appear on gunbroker and many members start reporting that they've purchased one locally. It will come.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have searched the internet for reviews of the new Cobra and have yet to find one that is not positive. Has anyone come across a review that is not favorable towards the Cobra?

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
There was one review where the writer opined that some auto shooters not familiar with the longish stroke of a double-action revolver might short stroke it and possibly bind it up, but that can occur with any DA revolver.

I don't remember what magazine or writer but many gun writers don't seem to think highly of Colt but will slobber all over some makes. It was like he had to find something negative to say about the new Cobra when he was unable to find a legitimate gripe.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There was one review where the writer opined that some auto shooters not familiar with the longish stroke of a double-action revolver might short stroke it and possibly bind it up, but that can occur with any DA revolver.

I don't remember what magazine or writer but many gun writers don't seem to think highly of Colt but will slobber all over some makes. It was like he had to find something negative to say about the new Cobra when he was unable to find a legitimate gripe.
Thanks. I don't recall seeing that article but would love to read it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I was finally able to track down and buy one of the new Colt Cobra 2017 models last month. After some range time, I kicked my J-Frame PC Pro Series and M&P no-lock Centuries to the curb! This dog will hunt. It is now my EDC gun around the property. I have my LGS hunting down a DAO Night Cobra 2018 for me as well! That one will become my dress up go to town CCW gun. So now, want two Cobras.

Double action is veeeery smooth and has a clean break. Better than my carry Smiths. I’ve owned a bunch of old Colts from 1906 to the 1980’s and this one is a real Colt. This was never meant to be a Python so folks need to get over that. It is a well thought out concealed carry gun at an acceptable price point for its features. The Night Cobra premium does not bother me...will get the first one I can lay my hands on. I am very excited about this gun, and I shoot it well.

I really like the elongated trigger guard for use in cold weather when wearing gloves. Also can shoot rabid coons, copperheads and timber rattlers when wearing work gloves. Well thought out design. Plus was introduced in a sensible caliber... 38 Spl +P. To my mind, full house Magnums have no place in lightweight concealed carry pocket pistols. Too hard to make accurate follow up shots and there is the risk of collateral damage. I carry snake shot and Buffalo Bore 158 grain hard cast SWC “Outdoorsman” +P loads on the property, then switch to 158 grain JHP for town.

I wish Colt would bring out this baby in a 4” barrel with adjustable rear sight. They could resurrect the “Viper” name. Always wanted an original one back when they were introduced, just couldn’t afford one. Now they come close to Python prices. I thought it would make a CrackerJack trail gun.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.