Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Colt Cobra and noticed the barrel is black. Is it an inserted barrel? It feels heavier than my DS also.

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
It's a one piece barrel from all I've read about it. It wasn't cleaned after being test fired at the factory so maybe it's power residue. All new Cobras I've seen or heard about have the burn rings on the cylinder face so it goes the muzzle would have that as well.

Reactions: Abwehr

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the new Colt Cobra out to the range after work. I was pleasantly surprised how good the trigger was. The front sight helps to get on target fast. The double action is very smooth. My Colt Detective Special was also taken out to the range also and I shot more accurate with the Cobra. The rubber grip, standard with the Cobra was more comfortable to fire also. Shot a 50 round box and I plan to shoot more often with it.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
I took the new Colt Cobra out to the range after work. I was pleasantly surprised how good the trigger was. The front sight helps to get on target fast. The double action is very smooth. My Colt Detective Special was also taken out to the range also and I shot more accurate with the Cobra. The rubber grip, standard with the Cobra was more comfortable to fire also. Shot a 50 round box and I plan to shoot more often with it.
Have you checked the timing? I discovered that mine is way off. The bolt drops well before it's anywhere near the approach cut-out to the bolt notch. Colt is supposed to be sending me a shipping label to return the gun for repair.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fired a box of shells through it and no problem. As I stated I shot it more accurately than my Detective Special. The trigger is smoother and maybe since it is a little bit heavier, I am better with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Cobra functions fine. Shoots to the left. Not terribly bad, but off by a few inches. Not too much can be done to correct that other than compensate aiming. Not to worry though. This pistol was acquired to use solely as an EDC carry weapon, not a target gun.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
I fired a box of shells through it and no problem. As I stated I shot it more accurately than my Detective Special. The trigger is smoother and maybe since it is a little bit heavier, I am better with it.
The gun will shoot out of time, but the bolt will eventually create a drag line across the cylinder.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I responded to a Colt Facebook feed yesterday about the Cobra. I was saying that I love the gun but was unhappy about the Fiber Optic pcs flying out of my gun and that I hope that the replacement Front sight hits the market soon (I really really hate the fiber optics). A Colt Marketing manager contacted me and asked for my address to send me a replacement. I thought that that was very nice. I couldn't find what the Diameter of the fiber rod is, I got a hold of a .100 dia one and that was way too big. I shaved it down until the replacement gets here. I'm going to guess that it is actually .040 dia.

Reactions: Hopalong

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I haven't had a bit of problem with mine. timing is perfect, trigger is light and smooth, and it shoots exactly to point of aim at 20 yards. I rather like the high visibility of it's sights. So far I couldn't ask for more,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts