Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally came on the same day my wadcutters came so now I need to go to the range but Cristobal has other ideas. Will try to go asap and see how shooting my 2nd revolver feels. My first was a 1936 Nagant. Don't snicker, it was a fun, strange revolver, and did ok at the range. It was crudely made and I had to use a bullet to shim the main spring so the DA was reasonable(6-7 lbs), and to unload empties it was one case at a time.

I was a little surprised at how stiff this Colt was but I assume it needs to be broken in. The trigger pull in DA and SA i incredible. The cylinder release and the hammer had terribly sharp edges but a little judicious sanding with 320 sandpaper and they are fine. The cylinder release in particulr is stiff and tricky to use one handed. Hopefully it to will get smoother.

The looks? Beautiful! I think I will like shooting with the Hogue grip but I will get some wood grips for aesthetics.

So range time is next. Will post my thoughts then.

Semper Fi

paul
20200605_173043.jpg

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Funny, my wadcutters just showed up at the door a couple of minutes ago. Remington Wheelgun TMWC. What did you get?

I like the Nagant. Interesting and historic little pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts