Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the content but may still be some fun reading. You can never have enough Colt books.
True :)
Thanks for posting, I wasn't aware of it. Even though the 1st edition was pretty much useless, I'm sure I will pick it up off my book man at the gun show. Hopefullly they corrected all those errors and added a bunch of info. I wont get my hopes up though. For $25 bucks I guess you cant expect much unless it is coming from Supica and Nahas! :)

· Premium Member
3,718 Posts
The 1st Edition was disaster. I hope the problems have been addressed with the 2nd Edition. I'll wait and hear what others say about it before I buy. The "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" is a great resource. Would be nice if there was something comparable about Colts. If you buy it let us know what you think.
I guess great minds think alike:p... I hadn't even seen your post while I was typing mine (and watching TV) lol.

· Premium Member
3,718 Posts
I looked at this book at the gun show last weekend. I quickly went to the DA Revolver section and saw the exact same horrible information and pics with wrong descriptions. I thought I would buy it for sure, but it looked basically the same as the 1st which I already have. I cant believe they still have the 38 8 inch Target Pythons as being made in 1955 and 1956 lol. I think that is enough to realize this book is still a disaster. I wonder if the guys whom wrote this book/updated it actually know anything about Colts...???? I was hoping the errors would have been corrected, but unfortunately my joke (in another thread) about them probably just adding a little more misinformation might just be the case???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.