Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
747 Posts
i wish the smith guys did the colt book as well, the smith book should be on any gun guys bookshelf,the colt book make a good pellet gun backstop.
I believe that you meant that the S&W (1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd) guy's book was good while the 1st Colt Standard Catalog was not?

Who has read it? I am buying it at $25. I waste $100 every time that I go to a range. You guys should read it first. You can call out mistakes and errors then.

· Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
747 Posts
I was talking to Jim Supica when his first 'Standard catalog' came about....

Smith & Wesson, on the other hand - wasn't viewed with the same rabid, lust-filled eyes, and if one knew what he was looking at, quite often bargains could be found.
I don't know. I've been accumulating both for almost 40 years.

They are different for so many reasons.

A good reason to write a book, but once it was written, and folks read it - Smith & Wesson popularity rose exponentially, and that was great, if you were sitting on a bunch of them.

Not so great if you were just starting out...
I have never in my life bought a Colt or a S&W on a profit motive. I've always bought them because I just liked them. ;)

I believe the SCSW just got more factory support than the Colt books.

Just saying. I took my grown son to the range with me today. We fired $100+ in ammo (WalMart prices). I bought the ammo. I paid the range fee. It was a great father-son session.

Like I said, I'll buy the new Colt book. I'd like to see it.

P/S The kid liked the S&W 27 (The .357 Magnum) the best....and he hasn't read any books on guns. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.