Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snakeman99, thank you for listing a potential resource for Forum members. It's very thoughtful of you. Unfortunately, these Standard Catalog ​publications have been known to contain all sorts of errors. It's very unfortunate. The photos are nice, but beyond that, these books tend to be pretty useless.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the content but may still be some fun reading. You can never have enough Colt books.

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Supica and Nahas also solicited quite a bit of input from SWCA members, and others, to correct errors and add to the available info, in order to make their book as accurate as possible. I notice the Colt book second edition is by a different author,(Rick Sapp/James Tarr) so hopefully he corrected at least some of the boo-boos, and we should withhold judgement until someone actually reads it. Maybe the 2nd edition will not be as disastrous as the passed, but unread, Obummacare legislation...:)
If author number two dropped the ball, perhaps someday, some CCA member will use a similar fact finding process to make the Colt "standard catalog" as beloved and accurate as the S&W standard catalog.
I received mine the other day. Maybe not "as disastrous" as the first edition, but still pretty bad. At least the material for the AR-15 has been expanded but I don't know if any of it is correct...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.