Colt Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,350 Posts
Supica and Nahas also solicited quite a bit of input from SWCA members, and others, to correct errors and add to the available info, in order to make their book as accurate as possible. I notice the Colt book second edition is by a different author,(Rick Sapp/James Tarr) so hopefully he corrected at least some of the boo-boos, and we should withhold judgement until someone actually reads it. Maybe the 2nd edition will not be as disastrous as the passed, but unread, Obummacare legislation...:)
If author number two dropped the ball, perhaps someday, some CCA member will use a similar fact finding process to make the Colt "standard catalog" as beloved and accurate as the S&W standard catalog.

· Registered
1,669 Posts
Available now from Amazon. Doesn't seem to be any new information at first glance but great photos of early guns, prototypes, guns from presidents and famous personalities. As with a lot of things I saw on my recent visit over there, this one is "printed in China".

View attachment 44252

Rio
Check this one out, guys. Not a wealth of information but some great guns and Colt personal items from the Autry museum.

Rio

· Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Supica and Nahas also solicited quite a bit of input from SWCA members, and others, to correct errors and add to the available info, in order to make their book as accurate as possible. I notice the Colt book second edition is by a different author,(Rick Sapp/James Tarr) so hopefully he corrected at least some of the boo-boos, and we should withhold judgement until someone actually reads it. Maybe the 2nd edition will not be as disastrous as the passed, but unread, Obummacare legislation...:)
If author number two dropped the ball, perhaps someday, some CCA member will use a similar fact finding process to make the Colt "standard catalog" as beloved and accurate as the S&W standard catalog.
I received mine the other day. Maybe not "as disastrous" as the first edition, but still pretty bad. At least the material for the AR-15 has been expanded but I don't know if any of it is correct...

· Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I looked at this book at the gun show last weekend. I quickly went to the DA Revolver section and saw the exact same horrible information and pics with wrong descriptions. I thought I would buy it for sure, but it looked basically the same as the 1st which I already have. I cant believe they still have the 38 8 inch Target Pythons as being made in 1955 and 1956 lol. I think that is enough to realize this book is still a disaster. I wonder if the guys whom wrote this book/updated it actually know anything about Colts...???? I was hoping the errors would have been corrected, but unfortunately my joke (in another thread) about them probably just adding a little more misinformation might just be the case???

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.