·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Canada!

I bought a new 1986 Buck Regal T-Type. 3.8 intercooled turbo. 2 tone black over silver and t-roofs. What a lovely car and it was extremely fast! Sadly a growing family forced me to sell it. I fondly remember that car.............wish I had it back.........

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
For a barrel for your 1903, the outfit making the new 1903 has a website listing newly manufactured .32 barrels. I've read only good reports of all they are doing with the 1903 series so far. BUT; "you spends yo money and you takes yo chances", as in all things.

Other than that source; keep an eye on ebay and Gun Broker. I see 1903 stuff there fairly often.
By the way, what seems to be the problem with your existing barrel ? They are usually very "long-lived" creatures.

The new company, (for the 1903s), is : U.S. Armament. Guns are by permission of Colt's.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi and welcome to our forum from Northern Italy.
This is one of the best gun forums among the several I belong to; I love firearms, in the last 39 years I've owned so many of them, from bolt-action rifles and GARANDs that I still shoot at the range to high end "slabsides", from vintage Lugers to SIG-SAUERs.
As much as I love the heritage of the venerable "1911", the most iconic pistol of all times, if you want a Jack of all trades the SIG-SAUER P226 to me is a stellar pistol that runs like clockwork, especially the older ones made in West Germany.
I was an avid collector of vintage firearms for years, until I realized that an ever-taller pile of unneeded guns made my life no happier, so at a certain time I decided to prune my collection and enjoy more the guns that I owned.
After such a long time of guns-ownership and thousands of rounds of ammunition I have been reloading over the years I still love shooting at the range every single week.
I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Life is good, shoot safe.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

I bought a new 1986 Buck Regal T-Type. 3.8 intercooled turbo. 2 tone black over silver and t-roofs. What a lovely car and it was extremely fast! Sadly a growing family forced me to sell it. I fondly remember that car.............wish I had it back......

*** Will the Gran Sport David Spade, (the American comedian) is putting up for sale get you back to the "good ole days" 824 ?? :D

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Mine wasn't the Grand National, although my brother-in-law bought a new one in 1987 after driving mine. Sadly Canadian winters and salt covered roads take their toll. You don't see very many anymore. David Spade's is nice, but out of my financial reach. Nice to day dream though.........I'll see if I can locate a pic of mine.

I bought a new 1986 Buck Regal T-Type. 3.8 intercooled turbo. 2 tone black over silver and t-roofs. What a lovely car and it was extremely fast! Sadly a growing family forced me to sell it. I fondly remember that car.............wish I had it back......

*** Will the Gran Sport David Spade, (the American comedian) is putting up for sale get you back to the "good ole days" 824 ?? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1987 We4 W02 With t-tops, I'll think of you next time I drive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Put up some more pix.
Those things don't really need much in the way of a barrel to achieve the desired result.
If the chamber is OK and it feeds and extracts somewhere near right, it should run like it was designed to.
The one in the pic is a type I or type II. The issue is, the type Is are 4" and the type IIs are 3.75". Also note that the type III barrels & uppers are an entirely different setup.
Better pix and a serial # range will help.
Whatever you have there, it is one helluva little pistol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts