Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine was at the factory for a visit and was shown the new Python that is due out for 2020. Yes people new Colt Python. Now I don't know if it will be nice as the older ones or even the action is going to be the same but my hunch says NO. The word is that it will be out in 2020 or they are shooting for that year. There also going to be at least two versions with different stocks. One being rubber with blue, the other wood.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm on the wait and see side. I like that Colt is back in the DA revolver business...I hope it lives up to the legend and that the company prospers.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
On the "Wait and See" here. IF (and I think that's a big IF) it reappears it will share nothing from it's fameous predecessor. It will be entirely new and made with modern manufacturing techniques. I wish they would not reuse the name. I would prefer they use something else, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, Mamba, Rattler, Tiger snake or something.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I agree with Dframe. They’ll never be able to replicate the original “Seven Serpents”. And tampering with the name “Python” seems almost sacrilegious to me. There will never be another “Python”.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
That’s all interesting and good news,however for me personally,I have no desire to run out and buy one. Pete

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
There may well be a new Python coming out but it probably won't be the Python. Just the way of the world it seems...for better or worse. We have to wait and see but the market Colt is aiming for isn't us...it's the new generation of gun buyers. They're not invested in the classic Colts like we are.

Hopefully the Anaconda will be resurrected as well...Colt should have a .44 Magnum in its line again...and a .22LR revolver as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ford did the same thing with the Bullitt Mustang. Collectors who had bought the Bullitt and stored it away, hoping to have a car like the Boss or the early Shelby's, were left with just another Mustang, I know because I owned one. So it became very fun to drive, even if it did not appreciate like the older cars. With all of the Pythons for sale, I can't help but believe the prices will drop, and I will have a lot of Pythons to shoot.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
A friend of mine was at the factory for a visit and was shown the new Python that is due out for 2020. Yes people new Colt Python. Now I don't know if it will be nice as the older ones or even the action is going to be the same but my hunch says NO. The word is that it will be out in 2020 or they are shooting for that year. There also going to be at least two versions with different stocks. One being rubber with blue, the other wood.
Here we go again. A friend of a friend said Colt gave him personal tour, and a insider look at company private new products that will be too secret to publicly disclose? But they tell people that happen to take a tour?
Who was your friend, and who did he talk to at Colt?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well S&W made the new model 19 classic and a whole line of the new classic revolvers. Not that I need one now but another Colt Revolver option like the Python 2.0 would be nice, I guess when I see it I will believe it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My buddy wasn't there to take a tour or to start rumors, he can care less. He is a police officer and was there for training to become an armorer for the M4's. He isn't a collector nor a gun smith. I asked if they gave him a tour he said they took a walk and he saw the Python and spoke with engineers there. The only reason why he knows anything about the Python is due to he has seen mine and remembered the name. Colt is making the Python and aiming for 2020. There will be two versions he said one had rubber Black/Blue grips and the other was going to have wood but he wasn't sure if they were going to be Walnut. There will be a limited edition of some sort. He continued to state that it was re-engineered. I'm sure the action is going to be different since no one is going to sit there and fiddle with fitting. It's not cost efficient. I'm sure its going to be on the lines of the Cobra. As for price point they would not say. They said that was up to the bean counters. That's all I have. Also AZSHOT, I get some people are full of BS and may fill you with it. I think before you make any comments to the negative you should consider the source. I'm only passing along what he stated to me. Like I said he isn't a collector and he just happened to remember the Python name.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i can see it now, ''colt sucks, the pythons sucks, its over priced, its a piece of crap'' they should bring out a anaconda instead, people will say it sucks as well but it will not be as bad as with the python.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.