Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Since pics are out , here is picture I received. Crane looks fine , Hop .

The contour of the frame where trigger drops down is somewhat back to 20th century Colts-unlike the straight Cobra/KC frame

Also the front and bottom of trigger guard is back to the shape we know .

i think the target supplied is a nice touch - how serious this revolver would be if Matt L. grouped and signed .

- But at the price offered these will be a home run ! .... West Hartford has been listening, LET US SUPPORT THEM .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Since pics are out , here is picture I received. Crane looks fine , Hop .

The contour of the frame where trigger drops down is somewhat back to 20th century Colts-unlike the straight Cobra/KC frame

Also the front and bottom of trigger guard is back to the shape we know .

i think the target supplied is a nice touch - how serious this revolver would be if Matt L. grouped and signed .

- But at the price offered these will be a home run ! .... West Hartford has been listening, LET US SUPPORT THEM .
Beautiful! I hope the grips look that nice on all of them! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Things have gone well with the Cobra and King Cobra . This has enabled Colt to introduce new sights, finishes and barrel lengths . This then led to a new caliber . Now we have a new model on a new frame . If the public continues to buy these
revolvers a 21st century big bore DA on even a larger platform is a possibility. We ARE seeing this right now with this Python.

The smallbore 6> shot would be even easier , not saying they’ll happen ..... but very doable .

pigs are flying and there is no beating of this dead horse ... 3 different centuries now ,this feisty stallion ,with broken spears

LIVES

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
A friend of mine was at the factory for a visit and was shown the new Python that is due out for 2020. Yes people new Colt Python. Now I don't know if it will be nice as the older ones or even the action is going to be the same but my hunch says NO. The word is that it will be out in 2020 or they are shooting for that year. There also going to be at least two versions with different stocks. One being rubber with blue, the other wood.
Here we go again. A friend of a friend said Colt gave him personal tour, and a insider look at company private new products that will be too secret to publicly disclose? But they tell people that happen to take a tour?
Who was your friend, and who did he talk to at Colt?
Here it is 6 months later, and I saw a new Python today.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
I only see three obvious (to me) differences from the original Python...the stocks are essentially a modern rendition of the previous Python...the front sights looks to be interchange like the Cobra and Kind Cobra...and the hammer isn't quite the svelte beavertail hammer of old...close but not quite.

Outside of that it looks to be a winner. Performance will be the proof.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Did a transfer for a Colt employee today for his new Python. Looked and felt nice.
Poor idiot is going be disciplined severely for letting you photograph it! You may think it is cool to do this but you really F'ed up. Not cool dude not cool at all.... Better pull it!
It's not a secret, nor was it ever. The employee could have said please dont photograph this, but obviously didnt. If Colt was worried about images surfacing they would'nt have let employees get them early. He didnt "out" anything, I for one am very appreciative of the gesture because it has somewhat restored my faith in Colt not ruining a great name.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.