Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 Power Stroke
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new black Colt Rail Gun. I see the new Marine Corp guns selling like $3000 and up. I realize the collector aspects involved with the Marine gun. My question is build quality comparisons between mine and the Marine there a vast difference? I read something about a dual recoil spring. Is that a vast improvement and if so could I simply replace my single spring?Any insight is appreciated!Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
According to Brent...there are some differences in tolerances between the two. The USMC pistol is beefier where the dust cover and rail are. Others have asked these questions in this and other forums before. The answer from Colt has always been that the double spring system only fits the USMC Pistol.

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 Power Stroke
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like a lot of work in gun making to use a different spring etc. in a different spec frame! I hope the Marine gun is much more gun for the $1500 difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.