Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day at the show on Saturday.
First an SAA .45 4 3/4 barrel. Previously fired but apparently not much. Just the slightest hint of a line. No original box but fella gave me a brand new plastic Colt box to take it home in...and for the price...not gonna squak. Fills the second to last niche in my blue SAA .45 group as I have the 12", 7 1/2", 5 1/2" and Sheriffs, now just need a 4" StoreKeeper.

Second, another Model 1917 to join the others. Appears a 1919 serial number. I just really like these big dogs. Pretty good original finish.

Last: Model 01911ANVIII, 100 yr anniversary. Not generally a "commemorative" Colt kinda guy but did like handling it, and for the price couldn't help but bring it home.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Nice finds,I just picked up the 100 yrs of service Defender myself,love the compact feel of it

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures like that always make me drool. Very embarrassing! My meager collection has just started with a 5 1/2" SAA. It's good to be alive and shopping for Colts!
Hey QuercusMax, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I feel the same way when I look at some of the Senior Members photos of 1st Gen SAA's and engraved Colts. And besides, we all started out sometime and for you that Colt SAA is a great start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts