Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
double checking, im getting close to ordering a new colt 45 saa with 7 1/2 inch barrel this summer.... im getting a lot of flack from colt opponents.. ie, bad design, poor workmanship, cimmararon is better, ruger is better etc, etc, but i like the feel of the colt over ruger, and i like the real thing.. i have a cimmaron, and barrel alignment to cylinder is criminal!!!!,, i would expect the colt for its price to be right on for tolerences.. double checking, im getting close to ordering a new colt 45 saa with 7 1/2 inch barrel this summer.... im getting a lot of flack from colt opponents.. ie, bad design, poor workmanship, cimmararon is better, ruger is better etc, etc, but i like the feel of the colt over ruger, and i like the real thing.. i have a cimmaron, and barrel alignment to cylinder is criminal!!!!,, i would expect the colt for its price to be right on for tolerences..i dont put these guys on the shelf, im buying about 100 pounds of lead twice a years or more... sorry for the reapeat, but any comments on current colt quality would be appreciated.. thanks dave..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try one of the gunwriters who see lots of new guns. Mike Venturino has a sight, but I don't know if he has questions. I'd try the forums on John Taffin's sight. Sixguns.com. I'm happy with my newest Colt SAA. As I said before, it is a 1997 vintage. A real Colt SAA is also my preference. It is whatever suits YOUR fancy. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the current Colt SAA's at all. If you're willing to pay the price,they are what I'd recommend. Rugers are built fine and are ok if you just want a tool that shoots good.They don't have the feel,finish or look of the real thing(Colt). I think the main reason everybody has them is because they are the best inexpensive shooters. Cimarron,and all the other cheap clones are way below even a Ruger.
The USFA guns are supposed to be finished even a little better than the current Colt but the price is the same for the top of the line models. Last there is the investment issue. The cheap clones are throw away guns,the Rugers might go up a tad in 50 years. Colt SAA's only ever go one way which is higher every year.The USFA guns may become collectible some day,I'd rather spend my dollars on the real thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts