2,458 Posts
Looks like a pitted mess to me.I wouldn't give more than $300 for it.D*

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I liked the matching numbers, and especially good lands, grooves and rifling. Hard to find guns with all three of fhose in good condition!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
and i'm sure that Mr. Fugate will turn a handsome profit after it has been professionally refinished.
i still stand by my post that basically stated the wear description was a stretch. no disrespect to the forum member intended, but damn! :bang_wall:
Profit ?????? LOL !!!! Let me give you two hints,, Krylon and the bottom of my tackle box.

J.F.

·
Registered
214 Posts
...Krylon and the bottom of my tackle box.

J.F.
Could I suggest Rustoleum High Heat? It works great on BBQ grills....seems like a good choice for firearms. I think I paid $8 for a can at Lowes...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Could I suggest Rustoleum High Heat? It works great on BBQ grills....seems like a good choice for firearms. I think I paid $8 for a can at Lowes...
he isn't going the rattle can route.
i have a bridge for sale, though. :p

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Great buy John, The DB's are real good shooters. I wish I could find one in perfect shooting condition, regardless of finish, for a great price.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Cylinder looks like it has not had the same exposures of erosions as the Frame and Barrel.

I do not see any 'pitting', ( maybe my Computer Monitor is not as good as everyone elses, ) but rather lots of small 'dings' like what Keys and Pocket change would do over a long haul of various positions of Pocket Carry.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
DuraCoat firearm finishes are the route for that one, even if it is for a tackle box. I mean, it is still a Colt.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The next question is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Should I letter it ?

J.F.
John, why bother if it's a tackle box gun? If the letter states something of grand interest, you will be conflicted and lament its condition and if it doesn't, you'll have spent the effort for little. Do your paint job and enjoy. You can always invent a little of its history while fishing.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Normal handling and finish wear.....wow, maybe for something that spent a few years fighting on the eastern front

1 - 20 of 33 Posts