Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up a nearly new Detective Special, my first Colt purchase. The gun looks beautiful and came with the original box, extra Pachmayer grips, box of Federal Nyclad ammo, and a speed loader! Spent all night trying to date the gun without success. Maybe someone here can help me out? Serial number is 28XXXR. Thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hey, ducfan!
I'm sure you'll love your DS. Many of us on these pages have or have had these fine guns in all the different configurations. Don't let that short barrel fool you ... the DS and its cousins, the Police Positive, Agent, Cobra, etc. shoot much more accurately than one might think. FWW, though, DO be extra careful with shortie barrels ... in my experience, people can't help but want to see how fast they can get them out of a holster and fire and SOMETIMES, ... you get the message, I'm sure. (The short barel IS faster to draw and fire, I think, and people get carried away. No pun intended!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dfariswheel- Thanks for the info!

rcwambold- LOL, thanks for the advice...My only other revolver is a S&W 360PD, a fine carry piece BTW. As a CCW I'm still debating whether or not to use the DS, its just so perfect I'm afraid I may have a safe queen on my hands.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love my DS. I use it for matches. Very accurate gun.

------------------
Peaceful Responsible Owner of GUNS
NRA Life Mbr

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
Looks like 1978.

The year started off with 11701R and apparently ended the "R" series with 59999R later in the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts