Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Welcome from a member who was born and grew up on Long Island. I have resided out of state since 1970 but I have great memories growing up near the beach.

I hope you come to enjoy your time here as many of us do. We have a membership of very special gentlemen and ladies. This is a great place for the expert as well as the beginner.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Well, welcome to the Forum, Mitch. Always great to have another freedom-loving, pro-2A member from NY. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Welcome from someone 'been there, done that'! I endured the misfortune of living in Wantagh 25 years when I simulated work for a living based at JFK airport, for Pan Am. One of my happiest days was when I retired in 1980 and moved back to Oklahoma. Hang in there, bad as it is, it may get worse. One good point is you can escape for a while in this forum. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Welcome from someone 'been there, done that'! I endured the misfortune of living in Wantagh 25 years when I simulated work for a living based at JFK airport, for Pan Am. One of my happiest days was when I retired in 1980 and moved back to Oklahoma. Hang in there, bad as it is, it may get worse. One good point is you can escape for a while in this forum. Good Luck!

My Dear Friend Robert,

According to what you've told me, that job, headquartered in Queens, NYC, enabled you to travel to foreign countries in Africa and God knows where else. I'd say those were priceless experiences a lot of us would have enjoyed having. Would you have had those experiences if you hadn't worked for Pan Am outside of NYC?

Has it occured to you that some of us had wonderful childhoods and memories growing up on Long Island? It may be crowded, commuting and driving may be a big hassle, but there is so much culture, history, art, and fine food in the NYC area there are only a few other metropolitan regions in this country that rival it. The beaches were a great place to grow up. Great public schools in my day ( I wouldn't give a cent for today's "modern" education in any school district in this country, whether in the rural or city areas). We also have plenty of trees, parks, open spaces, and foliage, as I am sure you know.

Maybe we wouldn't have liked Oklahoma? Would you enjoy reading repeated posts by me or another member bashing Oklahoma? Maybe you wouldn't voice displeasure about it but I am sure you wouldn't like it. It wasn't always like it is now in NYC vis a vis the political climate. You might be surprised to know that when I was a kid the majority of home owners in the suburbs were conservatives; and just about as conservative as my western friends are. Times change, unfortunately.

Aside from gun laws, which is an issue to all of us, the environs of the NYC area were a nice place to live and grow up in.

Don't get me wrong, I like you and I respect you. You are an intelligent member of our forum who shares some great experiences with all of us. I always look forward to and read your posts, and I almost always learn something of interest.
I consider you a friend, I envy you your skills of gunsmithing and creativity, but honestly I am getting tired of you bashing NYC every time you get the chance. Please stop doing this, unless it concerns their stupid restrictive gun laws and liberal politics.

Most of your posts don't referrence NYC. However, whenever the subject comes up you always put down NY. You never fail to mention or allude to this. I must have read half a dozen posts, maybe more, from you bashing L.I. and NYC. I think you have more than adequately made your views about Long Island and NYC known.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.