Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Board....I thought for my 15th post I would atleast introduce myself....

I am from NW Louisiana and am the early 40's in age. I have been collecting firearms since my father started dragging me to gunshows when I was about 9 or 10. My first handgun deal I recall was a modified 2" British Enfield .38S&W Tanker Version.

I am a FFL, Class III and a CCW instructor. I really stopped collecting enmass years ago and only purchase items now that really interest me and I enjoy playing with....I had/have too many pieces that sit back in the safes and never see the light of day.

I love the old school stuff and read the old & wise authors of yesteryear...Fitzgerald, Cooper, McGovern, Sykes, Keith, Jordan, Applegate, Hamer, etc.

I am fascinated by Fitz and have in the last few months been reading about him and his train of thought in regard to handgun modifications.

I am a fan of Novak Gunsmiths and they have built a few guns for me. I am also a fan of Rick Bachman of Old West Reproductions...his leather work is amazing. I have begun tinkering with a bit of gunsmithing myself BUT will not be a dremel tool fool.

I am "that guy" that usually shows up to the range with his buddies and pulls out a Colt 1911 and a M1 Garand. The kids all want to shoot the H&K MP5 but that really doesn't interest me anyway....I get a kick out of shooting the Colt SAA or the Winchester 1873.

I am a long time lurker on this Board and am just amazed and pleased with the amount of knowledge that can be found here.

Thank you for allowing me to learn from you guys. I am a HUGE Colt fan.

Cheers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome regardless how many posts you have. It sounds as if you have a lot of good info to offer. I am a fellow member from the Bayou State.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Sounds like you have much to share, so......... don't be shy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome aboard from a fellow NW Louisiana member. Long time collector as well, but new to Colts. Ton of info to soak up in here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts