Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from sunny Southwest Ohio!

I've been married for more years than I can count and have 2 kids. I'm a lifetime member of the NRA and have a goal this year to become a certified NRA pistol instructor.

Semi-Automatic plastic pistols certainly have their place and are quite functional but I love revolvers. Nothing matches the classic lines and inherent beauty of a well made revolver IMO. To date I don't own anything but Smith & Wesson revolvers but look forward to purchasing my first Colt in the following months after interacting with members of this forum.

I'm happy I found this forum earlier today!

Bob

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
What?! Another Buckeye? Welcome to the Forum, Bob, but are you sure about the sunny SW OH bit? We roared out of OH like wild horses this past summer, never to return. Good thing, too, right? Fair warning here: once you get that first Colt, you're hooked! You'll use those S&Ws for boat anchors. Also, full disclosure: Wifey carries a S&W Lady Smith. The two are inseparable and she'll use me as a boat anchor if she ever reads this post. Glad you joined us, Bob. Enjoy! :cool:

Reactions: Triton

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome Bob, I'm running late from your original post time, but I'm also in Southwest Ohio. South of Lima, east of Dayton, lol.
Anyway, glad you got here, I trust you will enjoy this forum as much as I do. I, like you, was deeply involved in revolvers until I bought my first Colt on a whim of a chance. I got hooked bad, and now own several, as you will in time. Remember, this forum has more knowledge than you can ever digest. Don't be afraid to ask questions like I was, these guys are very patient to newcomers. I would be happy to meet you for coffee someday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome Bob from the cold blowing Dayton !!
Hey Triton we went to Buffalo Bill's Trading Company in Findlay yesterday. What a great LG!
They had a nice selection of used Colt snakes and a great offering of Colt SAAs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.