Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been involved with and around firearms most of my life. I'm a modest Collector, nothing serious to brag about but I have a few.
Most of my younger years were spent collecting Semi Automatics, 22's mostly. They are a real pleasure to shoot.
Well, as I've grown a bit older, I now find myself leaning more towards the Wheel Guns and Colt is really my only option. There are certainly other quality brands on the market but to me. Nothing feels like a Colt Revolver.

The sad truth is, I waited decades before realizing just how since they are. Todays prices for a Python, is, well is CRAZY. 3 to 4 times what they sold for just what? 7 years ago? Can't blame it on, " Supply and Demand", there are certainly plenty for sale in every configuration possible.
So, during one of my searches, I came across your web site and joined. And I've been picking up a few Diamondback's, Anaconda's and Python's, not many though. Not at todays prices.

Yep, I'm from Maryland, a first class pain State if you want to buy or sell firearms. A 30 day wait period between each Handgun purchase along with a 7 day wait period during the Background check and a mountain of paperwork to fill out for each and every purchase.And lets not forget the 20 round limit on Magazine capacity. 20 rounds is enough but that isn't the point.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better and learning a few things along the way.

Thanks Marc

·
Registered
131 Posts
welcome to all things colt. I to have a small collection that I am always trying to improve upon. I I understand your frustration with the system. I once was from the northeast myself. Now I live in the gunshine state. Happy colt hunting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I live in the gunshine state.

I like that quote. Up here it should read, " The Gunshy state." or " Wanna gun? Forget about it."

So, where is the, " Gunshine" state?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Marc. I stumbled in here myself just last December. Lots of good learning and sharing here. Enjoy!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the forum ZL1427. I am glad Arkansas does not have such rules. The rules are not what keeps me from having more colts. It's the lack of knowledge and enough cash to fund all my projects. But I am working on both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts