Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering purchase of 3rd generation Colt New Frontier 7.5" in 45 LC. Eagle grips. Offered as "used" but the gun looks to be unfired and has original box/paperwork.

About $1900 out the door from LGS.

Opinions on price?

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
3rd Generation covers a fair amount of territory...they started out with fixed cylinder bushings and eventually went to replaceable. That matters to some buyers.

In today's market the asking price isn't really out of line as Colt is making any New Frontiers. If it has a fixed cylinder bushing I think most would say it has less value but if it's to be a safe queen that doesn't matter.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3rd Generation covers a fair amount of territory...they started out with fixed cylinder bushings and eventually went to replaceable. That matters to some buyers.

In today's market the asking price isn't really out of line as Colt is making any New Frontiers. If it has a fixed cylinder bushing I think most would say it has less value but if it's to be a safe queen that doesn't matter.
Fixed cylinder bushing on this one.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
$1900 is high for the most common NF available (3rd gen .45 7 1/2)

Eagle grips are probably not original.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Agreed with others - even up here in the frozen north, where Colt's are more rare... 1900 is high for any NF, other than maybe the more rare one's like full blue, etc. I'd possibly go for one around 1400 but I can't even remember the last time I saw one for sale up here anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one I bought new in the 90's . I believe the grips are wood. It is out of state in my son's safe. I paid about 1200 for it back then. As posted above, not being made any more. And with the Colt sale to CZ who knows what the future holds??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts