Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My New Frontier arrived, and now is enjoying a plane ride to Arizona, to spend some time with Jim Martin. I took it out of the box, and after cocking a hammer that felt like sand paper on sand paper, I pulled the 7lb. measured, trigger! Immediately called Jim, and after paying extortion money to the guys in brown it is on its way. Bright side is I got to talk with Jim, twice today. What I wouldn't give to visit with him for a day.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tell us more about your New Frontier. Is it from the new production or an older piece. I have one from 2013 and it was sweet "out of the box". Another one from about 1980 required some tender loving care from Bob James. Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell us more about your New Frontier. Is it from the new production or an older piece. I have one from 2013 and it was sweet "out of the box". Another one from about 1980 required some tender loving care from Bob James. Inquiring minds want to know!
It is unfired 44 special from 1981. Always wanted a New Frontier in 44 special, because of Skeeter!

·
Premium Member
5,936 Posts
I have a 7 1/2” 44 special NF from about the same time frame. Action appears fine. It’s neck and neck tie with my 7 1/2” NF .357 accuracy wise. Skeeters load is my go to accuracy load all the way to 100 yards and beyond.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, so my New Frontier was delivered today as promised. Not to Jim Martin in Arizona, but to Germany. After a few phone calls UPS, really does not know how it happened. I was told by one person that even though I paid for next day service, as I am forced to do by UPS in order to ship a handgun, I was not guaranteed a refund of my $142.00 that it cost to send it. So now I am on hold while a very nice lady in UPS international, tries to get my Colt, headed back to the United States. I don't think 2020 is really over!!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Update, so my New Frontier was delivered today as promised. Not to Jim Martin in Arizona, but to Germany. After a few phone calls UPS, really does not know how it happened. I was told by one person that even though I paid for next day service, as I am forced to do by UPS in order to ship a handgun, I was not guaranteed a refund of my $142.00 that it cost to send it. So now I am on hold while a very nice lady in UPS international, tries to get my Colt, headed back to the United States. I don't think 2020 is really over!!
How in the actual F does a package get rerouted from AZ to Germany???!! I can see AR or AK or even a pitstop in Pennsyltucky, but Germany? Hope customs is busy looking at other packages and it just gets put back on the plane for you. It's certainly a well traveled NF. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
5,936 Posts
I would continue to petition UPS. That was a big screw up on their part. You do have recourse. In the past, next day air was guaranteed or your money back. They may not do that these days but again, this was a major screw up on their part. I would press for a refund in shipping again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to UPS, after it leaves Germany, it is headed to Kalbadjar, Azerbaijan (Az), They have said I will get an automatic refund, and will be notified when it gets on the right track to Jim Martin. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm fortunate to be close enough to Jim that whenever I have a gun for him, I can hop in the car, set the cruise control and head for Kingman. However, I do have a Colt on the way to me from Minnesota. Holding my breath and hoping I live long enough to receive it and take it down to Mr. Martin!

Right now it's a toss up as to which delivery service, UPS, USPS or FedEx are the most screwed up. It seems to be a three-way tie for last place...............

Reactions: MitchM

·
Registered
611 Posts
2 questions.
What did you and Jim talk about? Did he tell you about when his dog was drunk and got arrested or maybe someone shooting themself in the buttocks with a wax bullet? Jim is pure Americania!
Also does this mean your gun now has to have an import mark?

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's getting to where if you ship something you may not ever see it again! I guess UPS is getting as bad as USPO! Then when they lose it they wont pay for it even though its insured! If it's not in a gun shop I don't think Ill buy it!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
According to UPS, after it leaves Germany, it is headed to Kalbadjar, Azerbaijan (Az), They have said I will get an automatic refund, and will be notified when it gets on the right track to Jim Martin. Keep your fingers crossed!
WOW!! Just WOW!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2 questions.
What did you and Jim talk about? Did he tell you about when his dog was drunk and got arrested or maybe someone shooting themself in the buttocks with a wax bullet? Jim is pure Americania!
2 questions.
no he did not mention those times, but I am familiar with the butt shot story. We talked about Al Jennings his relative. It better not have proof marks!! But to be honest, I will feel better once it gets into Jims hands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update, after another call to UPS, they tell me, that a new tracking number was issued for it. So, now according to the new tracking number it is in Neward NJ. So we are making progress, it is now at least in the United States of America. I think I will name this New Frontier, Wheres Waldo!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Living up to it's New Frontier name, it needs to go on a sailing ship for a 6 month trip around the Horn and up to San Francisco. From there...by ox-cart to Arizona.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts