Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not for me but my brother. He just picked up one of these, a CMMG Banshee 300 MK10 in 10mm, though this isn't a pic of what he actually got.
He likes classic firearms just as I do but also likes these types of firearms and already has an AR15 in .223 and an AR10 in .308 with all the bells and whistles.
He said he's going to keep this one pretty simple but I've heard that before. Fortunately he already reloads 10mm for a couple of his handguns so I told him that he better get busy making ammo. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He hadn't even shot it yet when I spoke with him the other day. He was busy cleaning and getting to know it and then I imagine he'll spend a day loading ammo for it. He's always liked the 10mm round.
Good thing he got it now because he's in Colorado and the politicians there are talking about more restrictions on firearms especially these types.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
We are still waiting on the final decision for the brace. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I have one exactly like that. I like it a lot. It came with a SGM Glock-style mag and it worked fine, so I got several more and they work perfectly. The SIG ammo has noticeably more "thump" than the other brands I tried.
- - -Bruce in Ohio

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one exactly like that. I like it a lot. It came with a SGM Glock-style mag and it worked fine, so I got several more and they work perfectly. The SIG ammo has noticeably more "thump" than the other brands I tried.
- - -Bruce in Ohio
How's the reliability? Any problems with any types of ammo?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I was in the "order" pipeline for over 6 months ( July 2021 ) for exactly the same CMMG Banshee...in my beloved 10mm.

Pulled my $$$$ out when the ATF started in playing games with the arm brace "rules".

According to the rep at the factory, I still had over 6 months to go before they would be building mine.

Wasn't worth the continued wait & aggravation...

CMMG Banshee 300 Series Sniper Grey 10mm {10A428C-SG}

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I think I waited about three months for mine to be built. It was worth the wait. Mine is in Sniper Gray color. The guys and gals at CMMG are pretty good folks to work with. Six of their guns now reside in my safe.
I've tried 10mm Remington, CCI Blazer (brass cases), SIG, Winchester white box, Federal and Nosler in 180 grain FMJ and they all worked perfectly. I also shot about 1/2 box of Speer Gold Dot hollow points just to see if they would function and they did with no problems. For a while, 10mm was very hard to find and expensive when you could find it. Availability seems to be up lately and the prices have come down some, but it's still not cheap and the hollow points are quite expensive.
- - Bruce in Ohio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts