Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a pair of what I guess were intended to be Python Elite grips for $44. yesterday. They're zebra wood, I guess - box but no papers. They look like the ones on the pictures of the new Pythons. Gorgeous wood and the fit to my hand is just wonderful - like they were custom for me! They fit my 1957 .357 exactly right. Now, about those rubber ugly-ducklings ... they go in the drawer. I can't wait until I get a chance to go shoot again. I like these even better than the old checkered-all-the-way-up ones. Next, I'll need a holster outfit for this piece ... unless I wind up trading it. But for now, it's very pretty. (Sorry, no digital camera, yet.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep,I agree those ugly rubber ones are only good if you shoot your handgun.Now if it resides in the safe or it's fancy box most of the time,it is best to outfit it with nicer grips so the visitors will be impressed.I have a pair of sterling and gold grips for a 1911 LW commander that it wears around the house but change to the uglies when it travels.Something about hanging onto when confronted with bad weather or bad guys.Sure makes a difference.modoc

------------------
Keep your powder dry,but not hot.
Guns are for Gunners

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm with you on this one modoc. Hanging in the safe they are dressed up formal with the nice wooden grips. When they go out in the field or to the range I put on the rubber.

If any of you have ever taken your pride & joy out in the field or on a hunt, you know why the rubber serves its purpose well. Just try taking those $100 full checkered grips out in the forest. Unless you stay in camp the whole time they run a significant risk of being scratched, dinged, dented, sweated, rained on, or worse. Even in camp the wood grips are at risk as getting into and out of chairs etc expose them to damage. That is assuming you carry it on your side rather than it sitting in your truck or the tent.

The rubber are more controllable & reduce perceived recoil. I agree the "Presentation" grips are ugly but the "Combat" are quite pleasing to my eye.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts