Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I made a trip to the Texas Ranger Museum today, but today was kind of different. It seemed that were not nearly as many firearms on display and some that I don't recall seeing previously. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I reviewed my collection of photos and I'm not seeing the following firearms in the previous pictures. Anyway, still a lot of great artifacts to enjoy.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My son and I made a trip to the Texas Ranger Museum today, but today was kind of different. It seemed that were not nearly as many firearms on display and some that I don't recall seeing previously. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I reviewed my collection of photos and I'm not seeing the following firearms in the previous pictures. Anyway, still a lot of great artifacts to enjoy.

That Capt Baldwin gun is very interesting, with all of the many inscriptions!! Twelve names inscribed.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I wish my camera picked up the cylinder engraving!! Very unique indeed.
I think you did well with that camera, shooting thru glass and with fluorescent lighting. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been to that Ranger Museum in about 25 years. At the time, I knew all of the employees there.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The citizens of San Augustine must have liked many Texas Rangers who served there. I live only a few miles from there (San Augustine) and it is in a deeply wooded area with a rich history of law breakers and families working so hard to just get by.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Last years the boys and I had a guys only trip and spent a couple of days wondering around NASA. This year the plan was Waco and the Ranger Museum. That trip was cancelled until the sky stops falling.
Looks like I need to get back there. It's been too long.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
The removal of any of the displayed guns would be a big disappointment. If they have, it would certainly be of interest as to the why, as well as to the where any removed guns have gone.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Great thread thanks for posting Op.

If you are a Colt fan- the Texas Ranger museum is a special place, hope to see it some day.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The removal of any of the displayed guns would be a big disappointment. If they have, it would certainly be of interest as to the why, as well as to the where any removed guns have gone.
My guess would be that there may be a rotation schedule for displaying them or they would be guns on loan that were reclaimed by the owner.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Homer Garrison display no longer has his 2 engraved 1911's or his Winchester. The hallway to the Hall of Fame has four large cases that normally have multiple firearms and now only one case has firearms and the remaining three have historical documents. Also, when you first walk in there is a display case that normally has some firearms displayed, but now it is displaying historical documents.
Good point about the owners retrieving the items or just rotating the displays.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A great place, some of the guns might have been sent to Fredericksburg to the new Texas Ranger Museum there.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

Those Colt Ranger guns are cool but it's hard to beat a pair of S&W Registered Magnums! As if that ain't enough they have four inch barrels. Only 337 or 6.5% of Reg. Mag. production were ordered with 4" barrels! Wonder if they are consecutive?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Howdy all, I thought you’all would like to know about The Ranger museum Bicentennial and your donation which will help put the displays back! Just go to the site, very educational and it explains all! I have been lucky to know and communicate with personnel of the El Paso station.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Howdy all, I thought you’all would like to know about The Ranger museum Bicentennial and your donation which will help put the displays back! Just go to the site, very educational and it explains all! I have been lucky to know and communicate with personnel of the El Paso station.
Here is the certificate you get, I had my friends sign mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The registered Magnums have the side plates engraved stating that they are a gift from the citizens of San Augustine. Unfortunately, my camera did not capture it. It would be cool to see the factory letters to see if the engraving is factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts