Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, my mom has a 1969 Colt Diamondback, 4" blue finish that was her deceased husbands. She wants to sell it. He was a retired police officer, she is keeping his service revolver. It is in excellent shape, in the box. Does anyone know it's value? Does anyone here want it? I know zero about guns. Thanks for your help, Jim

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
welcome to the forum jim.the diamondback is a popular collectors gun. it`s value would depend on condition and originality. is the gun a .38?? i`m sure there are several here who would like to have it. you might post it on the classified here.most shooter grade diamondbacks are worth around 500$ plus/ minus 100$. just my opinion

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jim,

You may want to take a few digital pictures of it along with the box and any paperwork, targets, etc that it may have with it and post them here in the revolver forum and I'm sure the guys will help you to do as accurate an appraisal as is possible with photos.

Also, give us a better description than just excellent shape. Does it have any blue wear, scratches, rust, wear to the stocks, etc. and is it a .22 or a .38 Special? The .22s generally go for more money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts